Thursday, June 7, 2007

RE: Stone Soup Follow-Up

Korey,
Just a note to say thank you for all the hard work you put into this event.You don't have to go out of town for good Tango. I would have liked to see
more locals as well. I was informed that there was a big group that went the weekend before on Memorial Weekend to Denver and couldn't afford two events. Maybe by having the festival not so close to Memorial Weekend, more local people would come. I liked the round table event. It allowed people to express themselves. I was a little disappointed on Saturday night because not one instructor or out-of-towner asked me to dance. After the round table on Sunday however, I think it made instructors and everyone else that we need to mingle a little more with people we don't know. Next year I will be more proactive by asking people to put me on their dance card early!! I especially liked when you had everyone get on the dance floor and close their eyes and whoever they were touching that's who they danced with. That was fun and a good way to break the ice after the performances. I was impressed with the classes and the teaching. I know someone stated that for beginners these classes might have been over their head. I think most of the people who come to these events have been dancing for a while. I never think there are enough harder classes for advanced dancers and don't agree that we should have more basic classes. Most of the group lessons in town here are always for beginners. If the classes aren't appropriate for beginners then maybe the schedule should reflect what the person needs to know before signing up for this class. I know in Austin if you are not qualified to be in a class you are told that. This really makes people aware of their true level of dance. The set up is different because you pay for the day and can go to any class you want because they are all at the same time. I just don't want to see less classes for more advanced students is all. I was very pleased with the Sunday night Milonga and had a fabulous time. I got to dance with all the instructors except for you!! I also was able to dance with some out-of-towners which made my night!! I thought it was a nice event. I think the games are fun for people and get everyone involved. Maybe we should do the same thing at least once per night to get people to mingle a little more? Just my thoughts.

No comments: